New health insurers add Western PA clients with caution
Highmark Inc. is facing its first real competition in the Western Pennsylvania health insurance market. But the extent to which that competition has resulted in lower costs for employers and lots of new business for four national, for-profit insurance companies has been limited so far, said a consultant. "They have their toes in the water, but they're cautious," he said of the approach to the market by Aetna Inc., Cigna Corp., HealthAmerica and United HealthCare.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013