New health insurers add Western PA clients with caution
Highmark Inc. is facing its first real competition in the Western Pennsylvania health insurance market. But the extent to which that competition has resulted in lower costs for employers and lots of new business for four national, for-profit insurance companies has been limited so far, said a consultant. "They have their toes in the water, but they're cautious," he said of the approach to the market by Aetna Inc., Cigna Corp., HealthAmerica and United HealthCare.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer