NH bill could divert funds from hospital budgets
House Bill 1642-FN, which would exempt for-profit cancer treatment centers in the state of New Hampshire from state regulatory procedures and taxes to which existing hospitals are subject, is currently being debated in the New Hampshire House of Representatives. The bill has the potential to tilt the playing field unfairly in favor of for-profit cancer treatment centers, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Interim Director of Communications Rick Adams said.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream