Community Health buys IL hospital
A subsidiary of Community Health Systems Inc. has acquired MetroSouth Medical Center in Blue Island, IL, giving the Franklin-based hospital chain its ninth affiliated hospital in Illinois. Located roughly 20 miles south of Chicago, the 330-bed MetroSouth Medical also would be Community Health's third affiliated hospitals serving communities around greater Chicago. Financial terms of the transaction weren't disclosed.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal