Maine AG warns diabetes patients of Medicare scams
Maine's attorney general is warning diabetes patients about an apparent scam involving diabetes supplies. Attorney General William Schneider says his office is receiving reports of Mainers getting phone calls from people claiming to be from Medicare who are offering free medical supplies in exchange for Medicare information. In some cases, diabetes patients are receiving supplies they didn't order in an apparent ploy by scammers to defraud Medicare. Schneider said Thursday it's apparent that diabetes patients are being targeted for their Medicare numbers.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest