OSF HealthCare, Rockford Health System may still work together
When OSF HealthCare and Rockford Health System parted ways last week, ending their two-year fight to join together, they hinted at the possibility of working together in the future. To hospital officials, they're still facing the same challenges that drove them to acquisition talks in the first place—healthcare reform, payer rate cuts and economic struggles that threaten to change the healthcare landscape, merger or no merger.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch