Judge orders PA's Saint Catherine Medical Center to be liquidated
Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs is headed to liquidation and closure, as a federal judge on Wednesday approved converting the hospital's bankruptcy petition to that status. After a 25-minute hearing in the Max Rosenn United States Courthouse, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge John J. Thomas ordered that the case filed by the debtor, Saint Catherine Hospital of Pennsylvania LLC, be changed to Chapter 7, which allows for liquidation of a business' assets, from Chapter 11, which permits reorganization of a business.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal