Judge orders PA's Saint Catherine Medical Center to be liquidated
Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs is headed to liquidation and closure, as a federal judge on Wednesday approved converting the hospital's bankruptcy petition to that status. After a 25-minute hearing in the Max Rosenn United States Courthouse, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge John J. Thomas ordered that the case filed by the debtor, Saint Catherine Hospital of Pennsylvania LLC, be changed to Chapter 7, which allows for liquidation of a business' assets, from Chapter 11, which permits reorganization of a business.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'