TN medical clinic expands its mission of faith
Saint Thomas Health opened the Saint Louise Clinic in Murfreesboro in October and next month will take over the operations of another faith-based clinic in Macon County. The expansions bring to eight the number of such clinics operated by the Nashville-based hospital system. The network saves Saint Thomas money by lowering emergency room visits, while offering people early treatment and preventive care. The new clinic at 503 E. Bell St. in Murfreesboro is staffed by a social worker and also has a Dispensary of Hope, which provides prescriptions to patients who cannot afford medication.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs