Q&A: Kaleida Health CEO seeks sustainable healthcare system
As CEO of Kaleida Health and Great Lakes Health, James Kaskie oversees the region's largest and most influential hospital system and healthcare provider. He has overseen Kaleida's integration and collaboration with ECMC, the closing of Millard Fillmore Hospital, the construction and opening of the new Gates Vascular Institute, the opening of a new long-term care facility on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus to consolidate two older ones, and the planned move of Women&Children’s Hospital to the medical campus. And he has worked with the region’s health insurers and other providers on efforts to improve medical care and lower costs in Western New York.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs