Q&A: Kaleida Health CEO seeks sustainable healthcare system
As CEO of Kaleida Health and Great Lakes Health, James Kaskie oversees the region's largest and most influential hospital system and healthcare provider. He has overseen Kaleida's integration and collaboration with ECMC, the closing of Millard Fillmore Hospital, the construction and opening of the new Gates Vascular Institute, the opening of a new long-term care facility on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus to consolidate two older ones, and the planned move of Women&Children’s Hospital to the medical campus. And he has worked with the region’s health insurers and other providers on efforts to improve medical care and lower costs in Western New York.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data