Strong leaders, wise investments keep Baptist healthy
Baptist Health South Florida wants you to stay out of the hospital. It may seem illogical—a healthcare system actively working to keep patients from spending heavily for the hospital care. But that's exactly what Baptist's newest mission is all about, said longtime Baptist Health CEO Brian Keeley. The reason: Preventive medicine and primary care improve the public health of the community, cut healthcare costs and reduce hospital expenditures for nonpaying or uninsured patients. But with the aging baby boomer generation putting more pressure on healthcare, the shift to primary care and prevention is increasingly important for all healthcare systems, experts say.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year