Opinion: What is Medicare 'double counting' and why are budget experts fighting over it?
Budget experts are waging a spirited battle over the Medicare changes that helped pay for 2010?s health reform. In calculating how new health care reforms will affect the deficit, one economist counted certain spending cuts and revenue increases twice. This isn't uncommon, but it's causing a stir.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations