St. Joseph's faced layoffs or cuts, says Mercy CEO
St. Joseph's Mercy Health System in Hot Springs, Arkansas would have faced layoffs or cuts in services if it had continued in the Mercy Health System of Chesterfield, Mo., according to the corporation's president and CEO, Lynn Britton. Several people resigned from Mercy's local hospital board and from the national board to protest the move. Former board members were concerned about how the poor would be treated under the leadership of the for-profit Capella Healthcare.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US