Wake Forest Baptist CEO salary nearly $2.5M
A commitment Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center made to Dr. John McConnell, its chief executive, when he was recruited led to a nearly 50 percent increase in his total compensation for fiscal year 2010-11, the center reported Tuesday. McConnell was paid almost $2.5 million in total compensation, compared with $1.68 million for fiscal 2009-10. Because Wake Forest Baptist's fiscal year ended June 30, 2011, the latest compensation figures are 10½ months old. The executive compensation numbers are becoming public six weeks after McConnell told employees the center is considering reducing its workforce as part of a major initiative aimed at improving patient outcomes at a lower cost.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations