Heartland Health Joins Mayo Clinic Network
The Mayo Clinic announced on Wednesday that it has added Heartland Health in St. Joseph, MO to its Mayo Clinic Care Network. The addition brings to four the number of hospitals and health systems that are members of the network.
Heartland Health is an integrated health delivery system, which includes Heartland Regional Medical Center and Heartland Clinic. It primarily serves northwest Missouri.
The MCCN is part of the venerable Rochester, MN-based clinic’s strategy to extend its geographic reach without building costly new facilities, spending cash to acquire hospitals, or consolidating with another health system.
The other MCCN affiliates are Altru Health System (North Dakota and Minnesota), ASU Health Services (Arizona), and Kingman Regional Medical Center (Arizona).
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs