Cardiologist says doctors ready for more active role
Dr. William Zoghbi, director of the cardiovascular imaging institute at Methodist Hospital, was recently named president of the American College of Cardiology, taking the high-profile role as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to rule on the Affordable Care Act. Zoghbi is one of 22 Americans chosen to carry the Olympic torch through Great Britain before the games begin there this summer. He spoke with Houston Chronicle reporter Jeannie Kever about issues facing his field.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US