Cardiologist says doctors ready for more active role
Dr. William Zoghbi, director of the cardiovascular imaging institute at Methodist Hospital, was recently named president of the American College of Cardiology, taking the high-profile role as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to rule on the Affordable Care Act. Zoghbi is one of 22 Americans chosen to carry the Olympic torch through Great Britain before the games begin there this summer. He spoke with Houston Chronicle reporter Jeannie Kever about issues facing his field.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients