Supreme Court healthcare ruling: For health industry, 'every man for himself'
In corporate suites, K Street conference rooms, and Wall Street investment shops, industry players haven’t all been content to wait and see what the court does. The war-gaming over the law—the Affordable Care Act—has been particularly intense for insurers and retailers, who are preparing for a doomsday scenario in which the law's individual mandate is struck down but other provisions are left intact. If insurers are required to cover folks with pre-existing conditions, but young and healthy consumers aren't required to buy health plans, premiums will skyrocket.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health