Rural CA hospital CEOs see 'collaboration' differently
Could the three hospitals in Plumas County consolidate? Not likely. Could the three hospitals in Plumas County collaborate? Yes, but it could take some time. "We've met for nine months and gummed this to death," Plumas District Hospital CEO Doug Lafferty said during a recent interview. A $20,000 study, commissioned by the Sierra Institute for Community and Environment, lists more than 30 areas of potential collaboration. "No one small rural hospital can do it all," read a portion of the report provided by Mike Bell of WIPFLi CPAs and Consultants. Past attempts at collaboration went nowhere.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care