Rural CA hospital CEOs see 'collaboration' differently
Could the three hospitals in Plumas County consolidate? Not likely. Could the three hospitals in Plumas County collaborate? Yes, but it could take some time. "We've met for nine months and gummed this to death," Plumas District Hospital CEO Doug Lafferty said during a recent interview. A $20,000 study, commissioned by the Sierra Institute for Community and Environment, lists more than 30 areas of potential collaboration. "No one small rural hospital can do it all," read a portion of the report provided by Mike Bell of WIPFLi CPAs and Consultants. Past attempts at collaboration went nowhere.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs