Rural CA hospital CEOs see 'collaboration' differently
Could the three hospitals in Plumas County consolidate? Not likely. Could the three hospitals in Plumas County collaborate? Yes, but it could take some time. "We've met for nine months and gummed this to death," Plumas District Hospital CEO Doug Lafferty said during a recent interview. A $20,000 study, commissioned by the Sierra Institute for Community and Environment, lists more than 30 areas of potential collaboration. "No one small rural hospital can do it all," read a portion of the report provided by Mike Bell of WIPFLi CPAs and Consultants. Past attempts at collaboration went nowhere.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations