Jackson Health System explores outsourcing ER docs, billing and collections
The Jackson Health System announced Monday it's seeking proposals to outsource physician services in all its emergency rooms as well as looking for a company to handle its billing and collections. "We have not made the decision to outsource either of these service lines," said Chief Executive Carlos Migoya in an email to county political leaders. "We are simply taking the common sense step of exploring and understanding all the available options in two important areas." Migoya noted that outsourcing physician services is common at many hospitals, including Jackson North as well as the Broward public hospitals in both the north and south districts.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations