Dynacq Healthcare puts CFO on leave pending investigation
Pasadena-based Dynacq Healthcare Inc. has placed CFO Philip Chan on administrative leave, pending an investigation. Chan was placed on leave on Aug. 8, according to a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing reviewed by Houston Business Journal. Chan was put on leave as the company conducts an investigation concerning business practices,"potentially encompassing members of the board, management and third persons, and related accounting matters," the filing stated. Dynacq has one surgical campus located in Pasadena. The health care holding company, which specializes in surgical services, shuttered its Dallas-area hospital in September 2011 after some physicians departed.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse