BayCare moves to acquire hospital outside Tampa area
BayCare Health System, the leading healthcare player in Tampa Bay, expects to acquire another hospital for the first time since its creation 15 years ago, expanding its reach into Polk County. BayCare officials said Wednesday they plan to purchase Winter Haven Hospital. The nonprofit BayCare currently operates the St. Joseph's hospitals in Tampa, St. Anthony's in St. Petersburg and the Morton Plant Mease hospitals in mid Pinellas. BayCare controls more than a third of the hospital business in the Tampa Bay market, but Winter Haven marks its first hospital outside its core communities in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream