St. John, OSU medical Center ending management agreement
Oklahoma State University Medical Center is terminating its management agreement with St. John Health System, meaning Jan Slater will leave her CEO position at the OSU hospital. The medical center trust approved the decision Thursday at its regular meeting. The decision to end St. John's management of the medical center was mutual but at the request of St. John. Because the two hospitals operate in the same marketplace, there were conflict-of-interest issues, said Jerry Hudson, chairman of the trust. Despite problems in the past, the hospital is now in a more stable position than when the agreement with St. John was necessary, he said.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs