More than 300 patients sue KY hospital, allege needless procedures
More than 300 former patients have filed suits against a southern Kentucky hospital and associated agencies alleging they underwent unnecessary heart procedures carrying high risks. The lawsuits were filed in Laurel County Circuit Court against St. Joseph London. Around 30 lawsuits were filed by Louisville attorney Hans Poppe last year alone. The lawsuits include claims that patients were given unnecessary heart procedures which information from the American Heart Association indicates has serious risks, including death in some cases.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer