Opinion: Everyone needs a healthcare coach
In a comment on my post Healthcare Needs Transparency, which argues that U.S. healthcare customers need better information to be smart buyers, James Daghllian remarked: "if you are not a savvy senior or have a smart son, [I] guess you are just screwed in America!" He touches a recurrent theme: many people feel unable to navigate the healthcare system. For example, a well-educated and successful business colleague recently told me: "I don't want to have to learn that healthcare stuff; I want someone to guide me." I feel this way too.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers