Ascension negotiating to sell Kansas City hospitals to HCA
Ascension Health has entered into negotiations to sell two Kansas City area hospitals to HCA Midwest Health System, which is based in Kansas City. The 146-bed St. Mary's Medical Center and 310-bed St. Joseph Medical Center are part of Carondelet Health, which is operated by Ascension. If the negotiations are successful, the two hospitals and other Carondelet Health subsidiaries in Kansas City would be sold to HCA. HCA Midwest has expressed a commitment to working with the local Diocese to preserve the hospitals' Catholic heritage if they are sold, according to a statement from Ascension Health.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts