Ascension negotiating to sell Kansas City hospitals to HCA
Ascension Health has entered into negotiations to sell two Kansas City area hospitals to HCA Midwest Health System, which is based in Kansas City. The 146-bed St. Mary's Medical Center and 310-bed St. Joseph Medical Center are part of Carondelet Health, which is operated by Ascension. If the negotiations are successful, the two hospitals and other Carondelet Health subsidiaries in Kansas City would be sold to HCA. HCA Midwest has expressed a commitment to working with the local Diocese to preserve the hospitals' Catholic heritage if they are sold, according to a statement from Ascension Health.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'