St. Luke's enters alliance with three other hospital systems
St. Luke's Health System of Kansas City has entered an alliance with three other hospital systems in the Midwest in a cooperative attempt to rein in health care costs. The other participants are BJC HealthCare of St. Louis; CoxHealth of Springfield, Mo.; and Memorial Health System of Springfield, Ill. The alliance is named The BJC Collaborative LLC. Together, the systems in the alliance represent 31 hospitals in Missouri, Illinois and Kansas with combined annual revenues of nearly $7 billion.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts