Getting a global second opinion
After being told he had brain cancer, Salvatore Iaconesi hacked into his own medical records to put them online in a global search for the best treatments. He placed his medical data onto his own website where it has been accessed by thousands of people who have provided their own knowledge, skills and testimonies.Roughly 60 neurologists, neurosurgeons, and radiologists contacted me suggesting techniques for surgery and for treatment.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest