MetroHealth Medical Center names new CEO
Dr. John Brennan, an emergency medicine physician and president and CEO of Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in New Jersey, was officially approved by MetroHealth board members as the president and CEO of the MetroHealth System. He will begin his duties the first week of January. The hope is that he will help the public hospital maintain its charitable mission in the changing health care environment. Brennan said it was MetroHealth's mission to "serve the uninsured and underinsured" that drew him to the health system.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch