MGMA: Medicare Part B Tops Payer Rankings
Put another point on the board for HHS.
Medicare Part B remains the highest ranked payer among executives of physician practices, a Medical Group Management Association survey finds.
MGMA released its fifth annual survey of group practice attitudes toward their interactions with the country's seven largest payers: Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Coventry, Humana, Medicare Part B, and United Healthcare. Allison Brennan, senior advocacy advisor for MGMA's government affairs says Medicare Part B has consistently scored higher than the other six.
"Medicare might not always be the best payer, but their policies are easier to find, easier to understand, and the fee schedule and the regulations are a bit more transparent," says Brennan.
The overall satisfaction ranking this year remains unchanged from last year. The payers that scored highest on overall satisfaction with physician practice executives are:
- Medicare Part B
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer