HMC using big gift on integrated medicine
The Hunterdon Medical Center has received its second $1 million-plus commitment in three weeks. Linda von Thaden, will donate $1 million to kick start funding for an integrative medicine center. In late October, the hospital announced an anonymous widow plans to donate several million dollars to the hospital upon her death. HMC plans to open an integrative medicine program in 2013. HMC Foundation Vice President Christopher Sickels said integrative medicine "is very much in alignment with Hunterdon Medical Center's long-term vision, and fits into our other strategic plans to provide top healthcare to our patients."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer