America's stunningly overpriced healthcare system in 2 charts
It's no secret that the U.S. spends a crippling amount of money on healthcare. Here's some global perspective from Credit Suisse in two charts. The first shows healthcare spending as a share of GDP. It's not hard to find the U.S. The second chart is a bit more damning. It shows that the branded drugs Americans get are available for around half price across Europe.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care