Healthcare sector tops list of most trusted professions
Medical professionals are some of the most trusted people in the U.S., according to new data from Gallup. The polling firm asked respondents to rate the "honesty and ethical standards" of various professions, and the top of the list is full of healthcare professionals. Nurses polled the best, with 85 percent saying they have high or very high ethical standards. They were followed by pharmacists (75 percent high or very high) and doctors (70 percent). Also among the top 10 most-trusted professions were dentists, psychiatrists and chiropractors.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care