Q&A: Wheaton Healthcare CEO on navigating through changes
John Oliverio president and chief executive officer of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare since 2000, with oversight of a health system with operations in three states and roughly 17,100 employees, including 610 physicians, recently talked about the challenges facing Wheaton Franciscan and other health systems, managing a large, complex organization. His top challenges include declining reimbursements, the growth of uncompensated care, and the shift toward population management.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013