Medicare silver bullets: What's the best way to control costs?
Kaiser Health News asked a range of health policy experts the following question: If you could make only one change to Medicare to control costs, what would it be and why? Edited excerpts of their answers follow. The article references 19 experts.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs