Obamacare mandate may be 'mandate plus'
Can't get enough of Obamacare's individual mandate? Get ready for "mandate plus." The Obama administration always said there was a practical reason it needed the mandate, which starts next year. It wasn't to be mean to people—it was supposed to pull in enough healthy customers to help pay for all the sick people who will get coverage. That's why the White House stuck with it all the way to the Supreme Court—however unpopular politically, it was the best tool to make the new health system work.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care