Obamacare mandate may be 'mandate plus'
Can't get enough of Obamacare's individual mandate? Get ready for "mandate plus." The Obama administration always said there was a practical reason it needed the mandate, which starts next year. It wasn't to be mean to people—it was supposed to pull in enough healthy customers to help pay for all the sick people who will get coverage. That's why the White House stuck with it all the way to the Supreme Court—however unpopular politically, it was the best tool to make the new health system work.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs