Obamacare mandate may be 'mandate plus'
Can't get enough of Obamacare's individual mandate? Get ready for "mandate plus." The Obama administration always said there was a practical reason it needed the mandate, which starts next year. It wasn't to be mean to people—it was supposed to pull in enough healthy customers to help pay for all the sick people who will get coverage. That's why the White House stuck with it all the way to the Supreme Court—however unpopular politically, it was the best tool to make the new health system work.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag