Obamacare mandate may be 'mandate plus'
Can't get enough of Obamacare's individual mandate? Get ready for "mandate plus." The Obama administration always said there was a practical reason it needed the mandate, which starts next year. It wasn't to be mean to people—it was supposed to pull in enough healthy customers to help pay for all the sick people who will get coverage. That's why the White House stuck with it all the way to the Supreme Court—however unpopular politically, it was the best tool to make the new health system work.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Why Cedars-Sinai Screens All Inpatient Adults for Depression
- Blum Latest Leader to Exit HHS
- 3 Patient Experience Improvements Every Marketer Can Make