Obamacare mandate may be 'mandate plus'
Can't get enough of Obamacare's individual mandate? Get ready for "mandate plus." The Obama administration always said there was a practical reason it needed the mandate, which starts next year. It wasn't to be mean to people—it was supposed to pull in enough healthy customers to help pay for all the sick people who will get coverage. That's why the White House stuck with it all the way to the Supreme Court—however unpopular politically, it was the best tool to make the new health system work.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance