Comparison shopping coming to Highmark
Highmark officials want to make shopping for health care as comfortable as shopping for a car or house—and they plan to do it by shining a brighter light on cost and quality data for local hospitals and physicians. When the Pittsburgh insurer's program is fully in place this spring, officials say Highmark members will be able to find data online on how physicians and hospitals rate against national quality data, as well as information about a doctor's medical training and board certifications.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions