Prime Healthcare to buy Newark's Saint Michael's Medical Center
Prime Healthcare Services, the troubled Claifornia-based for-profit hospital chain, announced yesterday it has purchased Saint Michael's Medical Center in Newark. This is the second New Jersey hospital Prime has acquired in the last four months, and is the latest in a series of acquisitions the company has made as they aggressively expand across the country. But concerns have been raised in other states over Prime's business practices because of pending investigations into alleged Medicare fraud and violations of patient confidentiality. The company has denied any wrongdoing.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013