Children's could take over management of LSU hospital
State officials and leaders of the Louisiana Children's Medical Center hope the private company will take over management of New Orleans' public hospital by June 24, with the deal ready for approval by state boards as soon as next month. At a meeting on Thursday, officials said they wanted the deal cemented before the new fiscal year begins July 1. The quick timetable means that employees of the Interim LSU Public Hospital could be receiving layoff notices over the next two months.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations