CaroMont rethinks 'Cheat Death'
Administrators for CaroMont Regional Medical Center decided this weekend to pull the plug on the controversial tagline "Cheat Death." The slogan for a new wellness plan was announced Thursday along with the former Gaston Memorial Hospital's new name. "Cheat Death" was meant to spark a community movement to get well, according to a press release issued by CaroMont Sunday. Community backlash followed, including criticism from residents and CaroMont employees. And Gaston County Commissioners denounced the tagline during a press conference the next day.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers