CaroMont rethinks 'Cheat Death'
Administrators for CaroMont Regional Medical Center decided this weekend to pull the plug on the controversial tagline "Cheat Death." The slogan for a new wellness plan was announced Thursday along with the former Gaston Memorial Hospital's new name. "Cheat Death" was meant to spark a community movement to get well, according to a press release issued by CaroMont Sunday. Community backlash followed, including criticism from residents and CaroMont employees. And Gaston County Commissioners denounced the tagline during a press conference the next day.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty