CaroMont rethinks 'Cheat Death'
Administrators for CaroMont Regional Medical Center decided this weekend to pull the plug on the controversial tagline "Cheat Death." The slogan for a new wellness plan was announced Thursday along with the former Gaston Memorial Hospital's new name. "Cheat Death" was meant to spark a community movement to get well, according to a press release issued by CaroMont Sunday. Community backlash followed, including criticism from residents and CaroMont employees. And Gaston County Commissioners denounced the tagline during a press conference the next day.
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy
- CMS Pitches Medicare Appeals Deal to Hospitals
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Mobile Health Screenings Come Under Scrutiny
- Medicare is pricier in unhealthy states, study says
- Washington, Wall Street Gauge HIX Performance as Open Enrollment Nears