Editorial: HMA investing further in local economy, healthcare
A shift in the business plan of a major Southwest Florida health-care provider still seems to bode well for our area. Pelican Bay-based Health Management Associates plans to expand its Physicians Regional Medical Center at the Vineyards in North Naples after pulling out of a potential showdown with Lee Memorial Health System over rights to build a new hospital in southern Lee County. Given an impressive display of public support for Lee Memorial — via more than 2,000 residents' letters to state health care regulators and more than 50 backers at a local public hearing the other day — HMA's choice to consider other opportunities to the south seems well reasoned.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations