Sutter deal transfers East Bay hospital
Alameda Health System of Oakland says it has signed a letter of intent with Sacramento's Sutter Health to take over Sutter's San Leandro Hospital. San Leandro Hospital is a 93-bed facility, part of the Sutter Health Eden Medical Center campus in San Leandro. AHS said the proposed transfer depends on both parties developing a definitive agreement by July 1. That agreement would then be submitted to the AHS board for approval. AHS officials hope to conclude the transaction this fall. AHS said the letter of intent stipulates that Sutter Health will establish and fund a community trust that can be used by AHS to support the operations of San Leandro Hospital.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- HSAs: What About the Fees?