Sutter deal transfers East Bay hospital
Alameda Health System of Oakland says it has signed a letter of intent with Sacramento's Sutter Health to take over Sutter's San Leandro Hospital. San Leandro Hospital is a 93-bed facility, part of the Sutter Health Eden Medical Center campus in San Leandro. AHS said the proposed transfer depends on both parties developing a definitive agreement by July 1. That agreement would then be submitted to the AHS board for approval. AHS officials hope to conclude the transaction this fall. AHS said the letter of intent stipulates that Sutter Health will establish and fund a community trust that can be used by AHS to support the operations of San Leandro Hospital.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations