Cleveland surgeon gives hospital $3 million
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Southwest General Hospital has received its largest gift ever -- a $3 million donation -- from one of its own doctors. Dr. Vasu Pandrangi and his wife, Lisa, gave the $3 million toward the Middleburg Heights hospital's capital campaign for an expansion project. Pandrangi, a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, has been on the hospital's staff since 1981. "I built my career at Southwest," he said. "It has been a great environment in which to develop professionally and personally."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer