Cleveland surgeon gives hospital $3 million
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Southwest General Hospital has received its largest gift ever -- a $3 million donation -- from one of its own doctors. Dr. Vasu Pandrangi and his wife, Lisa, gave the $3 million toward the Middleburg Heights hospital's capital campaign for an expansion project. Pandrangi, a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, has been on the hospital's staff since 1981. "I built my career at Southwest," he said. "It has been a great environment in which to develop professionally and personally."
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening