FL rejects Tenet hospital plan near Scripps
State regulators rejected Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s plans to build a research hospital in Palm Beach Gardens that was to partner with the nearby Scripps Research Institute. The Agency for Health Care Administration denied the application by the hospital company (NYSE: THC) on Thursday. The application was initially approved, but Jupiter Medical Center and West Palm Hospital, part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), won a challenge before an administrative law judge that overturned the approval. The May ruling stated there was no need for the 80-bed Florida Regional Medical Center in the area because there is plenty of capacity at existing hospitals.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts