Opinion: What's the role of a hospital in 10 years?
Dr. Eric Topol was named #1 Most Influential Physician Executive in Healthcare of 2012 by Modern Healthcare so his views are closely watched. In addition to his role as a cardiologist, geneticist and author of the Creative Destruction of Medicine, he's also the Editor-in-Chief of Medscape (WebMD's leading physician offering). Every health system CEO I've spoken with readily admits that we've essentially had a hospital building bubble with an over-capacity of 40-50% of hospital beds as we shift from the "do more, bill more" fee-for-service system to the "no outcome, no income" fee-for-value era.
- 3 Favorite Nursing Trends of 2013
- Premier: ACOs Poised for Growth
- SGR Bill's Payment Transparency Provision Elicits Concern
- Your Meetings are Wasting Big Money
- Hospital Compare Adds Infection, Stroke, Readmissions Data
- AAFP: 72% of Patients Prefer Physicians to NPs
- 7 Signs Providers Are Opening Up About Bad Healthcare Outcomes
- SGR Repeal Bill Holds Extra Promise for Rural Hospitals
- ICD-10: Minimizing the Financial Hit
- Intelligence Report: Cost-Containment Expertise