40 men sue hospital after accidental thaw destroyed sperm
Forty men who put their sperm on ice because cancer or other illnesses threatened to leave them infertile are suing a Chicago hospital after a freezer malfunction robbed many of them of the chance to have biological children, their lawyer said Wednesday. "It's heartbreaking," said Matt Jenkins, the lawyer representing the men, who are identified only as John Doe in the suit filed Tuesday. "These men faced death and pulled through the other side and thought they had a safety net to have children," he said. "To have that taken away and be told that you can't have biological children — it's been devastating to these people."
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion