SLIDESHOW: Council Connection–ED Performance and Viability
According to HealthLeaders' May Intelligence Report, while 84% of healthcare leaders expect their emergency department patient volume to increase within the next three years, at least six in 10 expect their ED's operating margins and reimbursement rates to decline during that period. We asked members of the HealthLeaders Media Council: What is your organization doing to improve ED performance and ensure the ED's operational viability?
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending