Orlando Health nurses rallying for unions
Orlando Health nurses rallyed this morning for unions at Lake Eola, according to a press release from the National Nurses Organizing Committee. According to the release, pay cuts are expected to cause the loss of 90 indirect jobs and have a $12 million economic impact in the community. Orlando Health delayed some of the pay cuts until January, originally announced in early August. Dr. Jamal Hakim is Orlando Health Inc.'s interim CEO after Sherrie Sitarik was ousted by the board Sept. 26.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application