Orlando Health nurses rallying for unions
Orlando Health nurses rallyed this morning for unions at Lake Eola, according to a press release from the National Nurses Organizing Committee. According to the release, pay cuts are expected to cause the loss of 90 indirect jobs and have a $12 million economic impact in the community. Orlando Health delayed some of the pay cuts until January, originally announced in early August. Dr. Jamal Hakim is Orlando Health Inc.'s interim CEO after Sherrie Sitarik was ousted by the board Sept. 26.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Driving Down Claims Denials