Central Maine Medical Center lauds ruling against Anthem
Central Maine Medical Center is a winner as Anthem must devise new plan for many policyholders.The state's top insurance regulator was right to decide that Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield should allow current customers to keep receiving care at Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston and five other hospitals in Maine, a spokesman for the hospital said Monday. Superintendent of Insurance Eric Cioppa made his decision Friday in response to a proposed insurance-plan restructuring that would have required some Anthem customers in southern and western Maine to change physicians.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions