Central Maine Medical Center lauds ruling against Anthem
Central Maine Medical Center is a winner as Anthem must devise new plan for many policyholders.The state's top insurance regulator was right to decide that Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield should allow current customers to keep receiving care at Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston and five other hospitals in Maine, a spokesman for the hospital said Monday. Superintendent of Insurance Eric Cioppa made his decision Friday in response to a proposed insurance-plan restructuring that would have required some Anthem customers in southern and western Maine to change physicians.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal