CVS/pharmacies expand retail clinics in LA in response to healthcare market demand
Got the sniffles and a cough at 7 p.m. on a weekday? Right now, you might run to the nearest drug store to peruse cough medicines and seek out the softest box of tissues. But the increased availability of clinics in retail drug stores means there is a growing likelihood you could also stop in for a medical evaluation — and possibly even leave with a prescription medication. By the end of October, CVS/pharmacy said it will have added eight walk-in clinics to its Louisiana stores, five of them in the New Orleans regional area.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion