Holy Cross Hospital's parent company taps Rick Gilfillan as new CEO
CHE Trinity Health, the parent of Holy Cross Health in Silver Spring, named former Obama administration official Dr. Richard "Rick" Gilfillan as its new CEO Tuesday. Gilfillan is probably best known in Washington for being the first director of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, a creation of the 2010 Affordable Care Act that funded and encouraged unconventional health payment reforms. Gilfillan also served as CEO of Geisinger Health Plan in Pennsylvania and was a senior executive for Bethesda-based Coventry Health Care. His medical degree is from Georgetown University.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives