CommonWell EHR Interoperability Pilot Announced
The electronic health record vendors in the first series of CommonWell Alliance pilots include Allscripts, Athenahealth, Cerner, CPSI, Greenway, McKesson, RelayHealth and Sunquest. Testing will begin January 1.
CommonWell Alliance announced Wednesday three regions in Illinois, North Carolina, and South Carolina where pilot testing of its cross-vendor EHR interoperability services will commence January 1.
Participating providers include Lake Shore Obstetrics & Gynecology in Chicago; Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital in Elkin, N.C.; Maria Parham Medical Center in Henderson, N.C., and Midlands Orthopaedics and Palmetto Health, both of Columbia, S.C.
The electronic health record vendors in this first series of CommonWell pilots are provided by CommonWell founding companies Allscripts, Athenahealth, Cerner, CPSI, Greenway, McKesson and Sunquest. RelayHealth, a co-founder, is providing health information exchange services between participating EHRs.
According to CommonWell, RelayHealth and the participating provider sites will be validating a patient-centric identity and matching approach, as well as a consent-driven record sharing and retrieval process across care facilities.
Specifically, the initial participating providers will support the launch by enrolling patients into the service and managing patient consent protocol. They will identify whether other provider participants have data for a patient that is enrolled in the network when the patient is at their setting of care, and transmit data to another provider that has consent to view data on that enrolled patient.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013